WHAT IS VEEMO?
Veemo provides its members with shared access to a fleet of enclosed, electric-assist velomobiles for short, one-way trips through a city or campus.
Enjoy emission-free, electric-assist, comfortable travel without a driver’s licence while riding on bike lanes or roads, avoiding traffic, and being protected from bad weather!
Getting to where you need to go is not always easy - Veemo wants to make personal transportation flexible, affordable, and environmentally-friendly. While carsharing and ridesharing has become very popular, we share a vision where urban travel is 100% emission-free and traffic-free. Veemo wants to lead this effort, and we want to make Veemo accessible to everyone.
- Convenience: Veemo velomobiles have storage space where you can easily fit groceries, backpacks, or a briefcase. And since it’s fully-enclosed, bad weather is never a problem!
- No Driver's Licence: That’s right. Since we’re classified as an electric-bicycle, you don’t need a driver’s licence to ride.
- Beat Traffic: You’re allowed to ride in bike lanes and bikeways, in addition to regular roads. Zipping by gridlock traffic via bike lane is so gratifying!
- Cost: By-the-minute rates mean you only pay for when you’re riding. At lower rates than other carshares or rideshares, and faster than many transit options, Veemo can help you get to your destination on a budget.
- Environmentally-friendly: A trifecta of human, battery, and solar power make Veemo a lean, clean, and green, cycling machine.
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
Get the best features from a bicycle and a car.
VEEMO AT UBC
Veemo has launched a BETA fleet of five Veemo velomobiles at the University of British Columbia campus. This fleet will validate the Veemo service before expanding to cities like Vancouver and others around the world. The fleet is accessible to students, staff, and anyone on campus over 19 years old.