WHAT IS VEEMO?
Veemo provides its members with shared access to a fleet of enclosed, electric-assist velomobiles for short, one-way trips through a city or campus.
Enjoy emission-free, electric-assist, comfortable travel without a driver’s licence while riding on bike lanes or roads, avoiding traffic, and being protected from bad weather!
UBC PILOT ENDED APRIL 13
Veemo service at UBC ended on Friday April 13, 2018.
10¢ per minute
7:00 am - 9:00 pm
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
Get the best features from a bicycle and a car.
Getting to where you need to go is not always easy - Veemo wants to make personal transportation flexible, affordable, and environmentally-friendly. While carsharing and ridesharing has become very popular, we share a vision where urban travel is 100% emission-free and traffic-free. Veemo wants to lead this effort and we want to make Veemo accessible to everyone.
- Convenience: Veemo velomobiles have storage space where you can easily fit groceries, backpacks, or a briefcase. And since it’s fully-enclosed, bad weather is never a problem!
- No Driver's Licence: That’s right. Since we’re classified as an electric-bicycle, you don’t need a driver’s licence to ride.
- Beat Traffic: You’re allowed to ride in bike lanes and bikeways, in addition to general travel lanes. Zipping by gridlock traffic via bike lane is so gratifying!
- Cost: By-the-minute rates mean you only pay for when you’re riding. At lower rates than other carshares or rideshares, and faster than many transit options, Veemo can help you get to your destination on a budget.
- Environmentally-friendly: A trifecta of human, battery, and solar power make Veemo a lean, clean, and green, cycling machine.
UBC PILOT ENDS APRIL 13
Our Veemo velomobiles will leave UBC on Friday April 13, 2018. The service will be available until 12pm (noon) that day.
It’s been a blast having the 5 Veemo prototype velomobiles at UBC over the past year. From beta testing to publicly launching, we’ve certainly come a long way thanks to all the support from UBC and our awesome members. Overall, the Veemo UBC Pilot has been a great success and we’ve learned a lot from it. It’s now time to focus on building a bigger and better Veemo service.