Veemo handlebars work just like a normal bicycle, with a few extra features like heated grips, turn signals and a horn.
- Heated Grips: The heated grips provide a comfortable grip to hold while riding. Turn on the heater through the navigation screen.
- Front Brake Lever: The left brake lever controls the two front brakes.
- Manual Parking Pawl: The manual parking pawl can hold down the front brakes.
- Left Turn Signal: Engages the left turn signal. Press to turn on, press either turn signal button to turn off. Press both to engage the hazard lights.
- Right Turn Signal: Engages the right turn signal. Press to turn on, press either turn signal button to turn off. Press both to engage the hazard lights.
- Rear Brake Lever: The right brake lever controls the brake on the rear wheel.
- Horn: The horn is engaged by pressing down on the Veemo logo. It should only be used to get the attention of or warn other road users of an impending danger.
The door allows you to enter and exit the vehicle, and contains many of the features of a normal car door. It has a powered window which can be raised or lowered using the controls on the opposite side of the vehicle.
- Door Lock Knob: Allows for manually locking and unlocking the door. Pull up to unlock and push down to lock (should only be used in emergencies).
- Door Pull Strap: Used to pull the door closed.
- Door Latch Lever: Releases the door latch so that you can open the door. Don't pull on the latch to close the door (use the strap).
The interior of Veemo velomobiles provide a mix of car and bike features, including a bicycle style pedals and seat with adjustment, and a two-point seat belt.
- Pedal: Push the pedals forwards to move forwards. Pedal backwards to move backwards.
- Seat Adjustment Lever: Pull this lever up and move the seat forwards or backwards to be in a comfortable position.
- Seat: Sit in the seat.
- Seat Belt Tongue and Strap: Pull the seatbelt tongue across your body and plug it into the buckle.
- Seat Belt Buckle: Clip in the other side of the seatbelt here.